AGU Library, coordination with the Council of GCC Univ. Libraries Deans & Directors, is organizing workshop on Classification-Web, on Tuesday- Thursday, 1-3 Feb. 2011/ 28-30 Safar 1432, in AGU Bld. Gate No.:5 at Al-Salamania, Manama, K. of Bahrain.
Objective of the workshop
Introduction of the most current methodologies applying web classification for Dewey Decimal & LC systems, designed for earning scientific professional and technical skills which encourage exchanging usage of e- library catalogues and consultation of universal bibliographical records via activation of Protocol 39.50. The workshop contains four main phases, updated standards of e-cataloging & indexing, subject classification and cataloging of electronic publications, cooperative Indexing and its impact on the quality of bibliographic records, and recent trends in the field of indexing.
Entitled candidates to participate
- Professional informationist, librarians and students of Library Sciences.
- To register, please complete the form and mail it addressed to
AGU Lib. Director, P O Box 26671, Manama, K. of Bahrain, Fax: +97317274822, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, please remark, there are limited opportunities and registration is in order of priority.
- BD 300.00 for workshop only
- BD 450.00 for workshop & accommodation 4 stars Alit sweet, or equivalent GCC currencies to be paid by check addressed to Arabian Gulf University, transfer or deposit in AC/ 1000 000 0 4834, Bahrain Islamic Bank.
- Dr. Younis Ahmed Esmaiel, BhD Library & Information Sciences, K. of Jordon.
For more information Contact
- Ms. Suad Al-Khalifa, (+973)17239606
- Mr. Abas Aljamri, (+973) 17239762
- for accommodation contact AGU, PRUnit, (+973)17239611