Maintenance department is responsible for coordinating maintenance activities at Arabian Gulf University and ensures resources are efficiently organized to keep the University running smoothly.
The Maintenance department handles all functions in relation to maintenance which include the following:
- General maintenance (Issues raised by various departments within the university)
- Maintenance and repairs of university’s photocopier machines
- Maintenance and repairs of university’s medical and laboratory equipments
- Inspecting new devices ensuring they are as per the specifications ordered
- Inspecting old existing devices and evaluating their condition to determine whether to use them further or dispose them
- Receiving and executing requests with regard to event logistics arrangement
- Issuing new cards for students, staff and faculty members in case of misplacement
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the key personnel in Maintenance department are provided below.
Head of Maintenance
The Head of Maintenance is responsible for overseeing all the activities of the maintenance staff, supervising the performance of the Maintenance department, ensuring maintenance activities are conducted in a timely and efficient manner, coordinating with the University’s various departments, and approving all maintenance requests from various departments.
Maintenance Supervisor Building Facilities (MSBF)
The MSBF is responsible for carrying out day-to-day maintenance activities within the University, and supporting the Head of Maintenance in all maintenance activities in the University. The MSBF oversees all maintenance activities and operations carried out on premises, equipment and vehicles, and ensures that standard procedures are followed for activities such as maintenance of equipments, buildings, event logistics and parking passes.
Medical Equipment Supervisor Technician (MEST)
The MEST is responsible for the maintenance and periodic inspection for all medical equipment.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining AGU’s machinery in terms of installation and repairs.
Responsible for the supervision of Technicians within the Maintenance department. The Technician Supervisor also provides necessary support to the Head of Maintenance in executing high maintenance tasks.
Assists in the day-to-day maintenance activities within the University; namely: inspecting, maintaining and repairing University equipment.