Arabian Gulf University recognizes that the Security Department is an important part of the organization which ensures the security and safety of all AGU employees, students and visitors. The Security Department is a vital component upon which the University depends for continued prosperity and success.
The Security Department aims to provide the University with a secure environment where all those present, feel safe. They will accordingly encourage the active interest of staff, students and visitors in the safety and security of themselves and others; and provide an agreed level of response to any activity that threatens the security of individuals, property or activities of the University.
The following is an overview of the core activities that the Security Department oversees:
- Daily checking of all rooms
- Reviewing gate passes for taking equipment off University premises
- Reviewing gate passes for taking laptops off University premises
- Reporting of incidents involving AGU employees or students
- Lost belongings
- Arranging new keys and access cards for new employees at AGU
- Opening of locked rooms
- Out of hours access
- Staff attendance
- Student entry into campus buildings
- Use of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Arrival of visitors and guests for AGU employees and students