The HH Al Jawhara Centre (AJC) is a specialized Centre in molecular medicine with a particular interest in Genetics and Inherited Disorders, providing clinical services, molecular diagnostics, and research. The Centre was established in 2003 and became operational in 2011. The Centre's vision is to be a leading molecular medicine Centre, uniquely positioned to serve the health needs of the GCC citizens, and globally recognized for excellence in research and development, clinical services, and health education.
The Centre's objectives:
- Provide a broad range of evidence based, integrated clinical and diagnostics services in molecular medicine, that meet the needs of the GCC population on a not-for-profit basis.
- Raise awareness of genetic diseases and their impact on the health of the individual and society; the knowledge of their causes, methods of diagnosis and treatment.
- Provide combined IVF and pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) services to international standards, and be a referral Centre of choice from across the region.
- Provide access to high quality screening programs required by the Ministry of Health in Bahrain, and support other Public Health screening programs in the GCC countries.
- Provide genetic clinics and genetic counseling services that complement AJC's clinical and diagnostic services.
- Establish partnerships, affiliations and collaborations to develop and enhance the centre's research capability both regionally and internationally.
- Support the PhD in Molecular Medicine and MSc in Personalized Medicine programs through access to a dynamic research environment and renowned expertise.
- Position the AJC as a knowledge hub for research and findings in the areas of molecular medicine and related fields– hosting conferences and providing CME opportunities for healthcare professionals.
For more details, please