The following regulations shall apply to all registered students on campus and in the dormitory.
A Behavioral Infraction is violating any university rules, regulations, decisions or University tradition particularly:
- Any form of action violating rules of university, college, department, section, campus, dormitory or any other university facilities.
- Deliberate absence from attending lectures, impeding the process of learning, or soliciting to do so.
- lRefraining, without acceptable excuse, from works or other academic activities as regulated by the university.
- Cheating, attempting to, assisting to cheat in examinations, research, graduate students’ projects and dissertations, or disrupting exam rules and environment.
- Disrupting the conduct of lectures and other university academic activities.
- Any abuse, insult or assault by a student toward a faculty member, staff or other student/s.
- Any dishonorable or immoral word or action by the student that violates good conducts on campus, in the dormitory, at any university related event or activity or on university transportation.
- Any fraud of university documents or the misuse of documents.
- Any distribution of publications or magazines in the university or collection of signatures or charity without prior permission from the university or any misuse of given permission for a specified activity.
- Any invitation to oppose legitimate institutions or violate national unity values.
- Any invitation to an organization on or off campus or in dormitory or participation herein without prior university permission or participation in any activity violating organizational university rules
- Failing to maintain a presentable image and failing to adhere to accustomed university traditions.
- Damaging portable university properties or any other kind of properties or misusing them.
- Protesting on or off campus or participating in demonstrations violating the public order or violating morals or courtesy without prior university permission.
- Noisiness on campus
- Traveling without prior notice given to the concerned authorities( students service and dormitory head for students residing in the dormitory.
Disciplinary actions that may be imposed on the student:
- Verbal or written notification.
- Denial of services at a university facility or facilities or dormitory for a period specified as per the disciplinary decision.
- Denial of taking part in one or more of student activities for a period specified as per the disciplinary action.
- Given three warnings: first, second and third (Final).
- Fine in the amount not less than the cost of the deliberately destroyed good/s.
- Failing the student in an exam or a course.
- Canceling registration for a course or courses in the semester which of violation occurred.
- Denying financial assistance to the student temporarily or permanently.
- Suspension of student for a semester or more without any tuition fees refund.Permanent dismissal from university.
- Cancellation of the decision to grant the degree in the case where cheating or forgery is proven to obtain it.
Applying disciplinary actions under Article (3) will not prohibit from filing a criminal lawsuit if the violation was a crime as per the penal law.
No more than one disciplinary action stipulated herein can be applied to a single violation, and with Consideration of the degree of violation and its recurrence when imposing a sanction.
The decision of the sanctions shall be filed in the student’s record and a copy shall be sent to the following:
- President of the university
- Dean of student affairs
- College Dean
- Registration head ( in case measures f, g, i, j, k in article 3 were applied)
- Concerned academic department head
- University security(in case measures b, i, j of article 3 were applied)
- Student’s parent, if available
- The student involved.
- Sponsoring party, if available
- Legal advisor
In case of cheating, attempting to, or assisting to do so in a test, exam or a graduation project one of the following disciplinary actions shall be applied:
- Failing the student in that exam or test.
- Canceling the student’s registration in the all courses for that semester.
- Denying the student’s registration in the next semester
- Permanent dismissal from the University. And this action will not be applied unless the infraction recurs.